Reckless Driving Car Accidents
Reckless driving is a type of moving violation that occurs when a motorist displays utter disregard for signs, laws, and signals on the road.
Because it typically does entail high speeds or vastly lethal driving tactics, reckless driving is a common cause of automobile accidents. It normally results in the death or injury of one or more individuals involved.
Reckless driving car accidents, fortunately, can be prevented. Knowing how reckless driving accidents are caused typically and adhering to a few safety tips, motorists can keep themselves, as well as other road drivers, safe from accidents.
Usually, a reckless driving accident is caused by one or many poor decisions by the motorist. By adhering to traffic laws and rules of the road, motorists can normally avoid this sort of vehicle accident. Common causes of any reckless driving accident entail the following:
- Tailgating (Following too close)
- A failure to stop at stop signs and red lights
- Exceeding the speed limit (driving too fast)
- Sudden braking
- When turning or changing lanes, failure to use turn signals
- DUI or DWI
- Distracted driving, which includes texting, talking on smartphone, eating, or playing with stereo.
- Failure to use headlights in the rain or at night.
- Making lane changes or illegal turns.
Surely, these incidents may not always cause reckless driving car accidents, but they can lead to a motorist being cited or ticketed for a traffic violation. They are each illegal in New Hampshire, and subjects the motorist to jail time, community service, fines, and more.
Here are some safety tips to avoid and prevent an automobile accident:
- Practice steering clear of any vehicles or drivers that appear to drive dangerously. If you see a vehicle weaving in and out of traffic speeding excessively, or tailgating too closely, you may want to move over a few lanes and stay out of their way.
- Always wear your seatbelt. Encourage passengers to do the same as well. In preventing injury, seatbelts can go a long way in the event that an accident was to occur.
- You want to give yourself ample time to arrive at your destination. That way, there’s no need to rush, and you don’t have to feel the added pressure to take shortcuts, speed, or put yourself and passengers in grave danger due to breaking traffic laws.
- Do not text, eat, or talk while driving. One of your passengers should be in charge of the stereo. You can ensure you won’t cause an automobile accident due to distracted driving. This will enable you to be on the ball in case you confront a reckless driver while driving on the road.
It’s important to always be alert and aware when you are behind the steering wheel. Never operate a vehicle while tired or under the influence of alcohol and drugs. You need to be at your “A-Game” to respond to road conditions, and motorists around you in order to prevent automobile accidents.
There are plenty of safety precautions you may take. However, you could still become victim to any reckless driving accident. You may be eligible for compensation if this were to happen. Contact a Nashua personal injury attorney today to discuss your legal options in case of reckless driving.Have you been involved in a reckless car accident?